9 years ago my Cousin told me about LifeSkills...She said you have to take it. Being the obedient one...LOL...I said okay. I went to her graduation and heard people talk about LifeSkills. I was very hesitant and intrigued all at the same time.
I signed-up for the 26 week course and started on a journey of transformation...After the class I was very much like KristinA...in that I shared with everyone that they needed to take this class!!! 8 people have taken me up on the challenge/suggestion to take the class. Every single one of them has said they were glad they spent the money and time on this class.
Tonight Luke graduated from LifeSkills. Last year he signed up after we attended the graduation of a couple of the girls in our life group that I suggested they go through the class...I was very surprised he signed up. He has learned a great deal about himself, and about me through this process and our future children.
We are both thinking of taking the 26 week course again in the fall. I KNOW that our first year of marriage has been a lot easier than most in a LARGE part to LifeSkills!
A study was done. That a house that sits abandon for a year that is in perfectly good condition will remain untouched. However, a house with a broken window that is abandoned in a week will have all the windows broken out and the house stripped. LifeSkills is about recognizing the broken window and repairing it so that you are not robbed of the JOY of life.
http://lifeskillsintl.org/
No comments:
Post a Comment