Family makes a house a home
A house is a home because of the people who live in it and make it safe
You can live in a beautiful home, but if you have no one to love and share it with, then it's just a plain old house
A home is where you look forward to going after a long day.
Wait for it...
When we have someone new at our Life Group we generally ask a "get to know you" question. While, Mike is not new...I thought we would have more faces that didn't know him who were knew to our group. I selfishly made the question about something I needed encouragement on...
"What makes a house a home?"...and it can't relate to the people (love/laughter/etc..!)
Slippers
Not organized (dysfunction)
A junk drawer
A fireplace
Being able to walk in without waiting for someone to answer the door
Not being all put together...lived in
A vegetable garden (my addition)
The world can be a daunting place...and it feeds lies to us frequently...I am THANKFUL for the reminder that a house isn't just a home when it is filled with people. That a house could be a home because it has a worn Bible from frequent use on the end table...next to the couch that has the imprint of the person who sits in it with their legs over the arm, while the smell of hot chocolate fills the air...and no one else is present...BUT God! It is God's presence that fills a house and makes it a HOME!
No comments:
Post a Comment