Day #37
I have been rejected the last three times I have tried to give blood which is heart breaking for me...it is so easy and can save a life!!! I have always had a hard time passing the hemoglobin tests but a couple years ago I figured out how to adjust my diet so I would be okay. So I was baffled when I was rejected recently....finally the lady said "you are eating everything right you should pass with flying colors...the only thing I can think of is do you drink tea?" Ummm yikes over abundantly...apparently that negates the absorption of iron regardless of decaf or not. So, two weeks prior to my donation appointment I limited to one glass of tea (Yikes...how to stay warm during this polar vortex weather)
Thursday was the reveal day...one prick epic fail 11.7 ...retest 12.5 which is exactly what you need. THANKFUL I could give blood Thursday... what a great way to give it away!!!
#giveblood #joyin365journey #notea

No comments:
Post a Comment