"Stupid Adam. The first thing I am going to do when I get to Heaven is punch him in the face. If he'd just been a man, and said no, we could all be living in paradise instead of just dreaming about it. How about THEM apples." She had such a spunky attitude! Check out her interview http://katyagray.tumblr.com/interview and while you are at it, check out her blog posts http://katyagray.tumblr.com/archive
Some of what I learned and my memories!
Keep
it Real Kat taught me to keep it real. Life here on earth is but a blink of an eye
Attitude Kat had an attitude that was
contagious. She had this amazing smile
that would light up the room. She looked
at everything through God’s glasses!
Trials Our trials are for our growth. They are meant to bring us closer to God, she
believed this and inspired others to persevere.
You… she cared deeply about everyone… I suffer from nerve damage in my neck. Bottom line I have a headache everyday just depends on how bad it is…At the time Kat was suffering from terrible headaches. When I came over she said “ I don’t know how you do it, without ripping people’s heads off every day, you are an inspiration. Haha I laughed and thought how silly, because she was an inspiration to me. But that was just Kat, finding a way to make you feel important.
Aladdin’s I remember eating rolled Beef Shawarma in her basement, drinking red wine and indulging in Godiva chocolate one night. All things she wasn’t supposed to be eating at the time. We were rebels J
You… she cared deeply about everyone… I suffer from nerve damage in my neck. Bottom line I have a headache everyday just depends on how bad it is…At the time Kat was suffering from terrible headaches. When I came over she said “ I don’t know how you do it, without ripping people’s heads off every day, you are an inspiration. Haha I laughed and thought how silly, because she was an inspiration to me. But that was just Kat, finding a way to make you feel important.
Aladdin’s I remember eating rolled Beef Shawarma in her basement, drinking red wine and indulging in Godiva chocolate one night. All things she wasn’t supposed to be eating at the time. We were rebels J
Laughter
I remember laughing at the silliest
things: boy stalkers, strange books, cheese, and my meanie grandma who caused
me to over abundantly enjoy LemonBerry.
Open Opened, she opened my eyes to not taking for granite each day we are given here on earth. BUT not to fear the end…because it is our goal to reach Heaven!
Vibrant She was filled with vibrancy…who else could pull of stiletto heals while participating in FMSC…and she wasn’t just standing there, she was a box runner!
Eternity Life with God forever is our goal, and it STARTS today! SHARE it!
Royalty I was never one to follow royalty but Kat was and she was always up to sharing with the latest news. I had never watched a royal wedding or even cared to, until I met Kat! Such a fashionista!
Open Opened, she opened my eyes to not taking for granite each day we are given here on earth. BUT not to fear the end…because it is our goal to reach Heaven!
Vibrant She was filled with vibrancy…who else could pull of stiletto heals while participating in FMSC…and she wasn’t just standing there, she was a box runner!
Eternity Life with God forever is our goal, and it STARTS today! SHARE it!
Royalty I was never one to follow royalty but Kat was and she was always up to sharing with the latest news. I had never watched a royal wedding or even cared to, until I met Kat! Such a fashionista!
Oh how He loves us! How He passionately pursues us, to our
darkest corners and reaches out His hand and calls us back to Him!
Family is to be Cherished and loved. Spend time together laughing and loving. Enjoy the moments we have together, and that she did!
Family is to be Cherished and loved. Spend time together laughing and loving. Enjoy the moments we have together, and that she did!
Calories don’t count when you are eating Panera
mac n’ cheese
Help asking for help is hard we have this desire as single women to be independent, but admitting we can’t do it alone is the ultimate freedom!
Roebek’s smoothies are always welcome! They are the best when nothing else will go down. Every time I go I think of her and have to smile.
Indians I remember we were supposed to go to an Indians game. I have never fretted so much over what I was going to wear to an Indians game. Usually it is an Indians t-shirt, jeans, tennis shoes, and maybe a baseball hat…BUT Kat was going, and I needed to step up my attire…it took me over an hour to get ready. She didn’t feel good that night and didn’t end up coming...But I looked good thanks to Kat…She made you want to be the person God sees…a priceless princess.
Strength I came to visit her in the hospital, and the effects of the radiation had burned her esophagus and I just remember wanting to cry because I couldn’t stand to see how much it hurt but, Kat…she was a trooper. I wish I had half as much fight as she did!
Time I cherished the time I spent with Kat…she had this way of cheering me up, even when I was there to cheer her up. I miss her, and often want to text her to share a song I heard on the radio or a verse that I was reading…I wish her time her on earth was longer, but as I sit here and listen to Jason Gray’s Pandora station I know she is celebrating in Heaven, and for that I am forever thankful, and can’t wait to join her! But until then I will use my time here on earth to Share Christ with whoever will listen! As she would say “The more the Merrier!”
Help asking for help is hard we have this desire as single women to be independent, but admitting we can’t do it alone is the ultimate freedom!
Roebek’s smoothies are always welcome! They are the best when nothing else will go down. Every time I go I think of her and have to smile.
Indians I remember we were supposed to go to an Indians game. I have never fretted so much over what I was going to wear to an Indians game. Usually it is an Indians t-shirt, jeans, tennis shoes, and maybe a baseball hat…BUT Kat was going, and I needed to step up my attire…it took me over an hour to get ready. She didn’t feel good that night and didn’t end up coming...But I looked good thanks to Kat…She made you want to be the person God sees…a priceless princess.
Strength I came to visit her in the hospital, and the effects of the radiation had burned her esophagus and I just remember wanting to cry because I couldn’t stand to see how much it hurt but, Kat…she was a trooper. I wish I had half as much fight as she did!
Time I cherished the time I spent with Kat…she had this way of cheering me up, even when I was there to cheer her up. I miss her, and often want to text her to share a song I heard on the radio or a verse that I was reading…I wish her time her on earth was longer, but as I sit here and listen to Jason Gray’s Pandora station I know she is celebrating in Heaven, and for that I am forever thankful, and can’t wait to join her! But until then I will use my time here on earth to Share Christ with whoever will listen! As she would say “The more the Merrier!”

No comments:
Post a Comment