Saturday, April 20, 2019

April 20 2019

The days go by so quickly and the next thing I know it has been 10+ days since I have written. 
Ephraim loves working in the garden just like his Great Grandpa Moine and his Great Grandma K.  Here he is watering the turned dirt and then taking a break on an old well cap in the strawberry patch.  We pray that he has a love of working in the dirt and sees the fruits of his labor.  The Tomatoes in the basement are growing...they still have a ways to go.  (we started them a little late)


I often dream about what this boy will be when he grows up.  Will he still like the same things like gardening and cars?  Will he be a worship leader...that would entail his Uncle Erik or Uncle PopPop teaching him guitar because we have no musical talent in our family.




Quality time is definitely one of Ephraim's love languages.  I haven't figured out Asher's yet.  As of now I am going to go with Physical touch as he loves being held!



We did an Easter Egg hunt.  Thought is might be something fun to do with his cousins.  It was a whirlwind and ended in 5 minutes.  Afterwards he had 2 eggs, and was a little overwhelmed.  He had his first piece of candy a reeses peanut butter cup...a little boy after my own heart!  This boy loves peanut butter!!!  He eats it by the spoonful!  Be still my heart.  This is something I have never done but his Grandpa does all the time...maybe that is where he learned it from. 




We love being outside and our passion for the outdoors has been passed on to our son.  He loves taking walks.  This was always a favorite spring walk at Daffodil trail.  Ephraim loved smelling the flowers...ummmmm he would say!






When I think about my 2 little boys who will one day be men.  I want to make sure that I love them well AND that I raise them with structure and discipline.  This is hard to live out on a daily basis but so necessary.   I pray on the hard days that I am able to focus on the good things and keep in mind that God has entrusted me to do the hard things with these little boys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment