God offers the ultimate in security. As we move along this Lenten season. I am reminded that the "things" that bring us comfort and security are just things they will whither away. I had a security blanket and it is now just little scraps of almost nothing. But the security and comfort in knowing who Christ is, and knowing who I AM in Christ is the most freeing feeling. During this season I have committed to read 1 Corinthians 13 everyday in the NIV and then a different version as well. I chose this chapter because it reminds me of Christ's love for me...but also how I am supposed to love. The fruit of my relationship with Christ will be patience, kindness, protection, perseverance, trust, hope...
My decision was inspired by of course our little guy. At this point in his life. Mom and Dad are his security along with his 2 favorite blankets. This little boy loves his blankets. He gets so excited when you give them to him and he loves when they are touching his face.. I have a feeling he will have these blankets for a very LONG time. I pray every day while I am holding him that he comes to know Christ in an intimate and passionate way...that Jesus will be his security, that he will be a mighty warrior for God's kingdom.

No comments:
Post a Comment