Thursday, January 12, 2017

Day 11

Over the years, I have come to accept that I am a pretty good cook, but I missed the family gene on baking skills.  My Grandma Kerrigan's family owned a bakery/Ice cream shop...I inherited no skills from the Mounts side. 
I have tried making a few of Luke's favorite desserts over the years from scratch...and well, most of the time it could have gone better.  
My Devotional today was about making Cake and not having it come out quite right...

All the moments we wish we could change or take back...they don’t define us. Not one single bit. And knowing that is the key to learning how not to sweat it in this life we’re living. If you and I are valued simply for the cake we bring to the table, then we’ll wear ourselves out, striving for a little bit of recognition from whomever we’ve deemed the recognition gods. But when we recognize our worth is really determined by the God who made us, our focus shifts from performing for those imaginary gods to simply being loved by God.

“You Made Cake!!!”

No one is perfect, and each of us will have our fair share of cakes cemented to the pan. In all of this, however, the most spectacular thing of all is understanding, even when you bake a cake and it fuses itself to the pan, it’s not just that your friends and family don’t think twice about it. The most spectacular thing is knowing the Creator of Everything looks at that cake stuck in the pan, then wraps you in an embrace and shouts with delight, “You made cake!!!”
THIS is how much you are loved by God, just because you are here. And knowing THAT is the first step to learning not to sweat it and instead, grab a fork, pull up to the table, and dig in!
                                           Whitey's is the Table Investment tonight!


This little girl  :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment